Blueberry Goat Cheese Tart
Graham cracker crust:
6 tbsp melted butter
16-20 graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Place graham crackers in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Transfer graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar. (I omitted the sugar and it was still tasty.)
4. Add melted butter and mix well. Mixture should be dry and crumbly but stick together when pressed.
5. Press mixture into pie tin and pre-bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes.
(recipe adapted from here)
8 oz. (1 cup) goat cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
powdered sugar, lemon zest, or mint sprig if desired for garnish
1. In a large bowl mix together goat cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add one at a time to goat cheese mixture, blending until fully incorporated.
3. Add sour cream and mix well.
4. Line tart crust with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, setting aside the rest for topping. Pour tart mixture into crust and bake at 350º for 30 minutes.
5. When fully cool, top with remaining blueberries. If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, lemon zest, or a sprig of fresh mint.